Brainstorming wishlist for discussion features
- A feature that allows students to only see what has been posted only after they have posted something first.
- Allows students to create discussion starters.
- Facilitates peer and self-evaluations of discussion posts that aggregate in the grade book. Just need a way to easily see the peer and self evaluations by author and by evaluator/evaluatee- does not have to be in the grade book or contribute to the grade.
- Allows you to isolate a number of highest evaluated posts for grading. Allows you to identify how many posts will contribute to the grade… so e.g., 12 highest rated posts.
- Must be able to rate individual posts!!
- Ability to see discussion posts by author and rate them from that view.
- A way to see to with whom you have interacted (in discussion) from both student and faculty perspective.
- e.g., social network analysis: SNAPP http://research.uow.edu.au/learningnetworks/seeing/snapp/index.html and https://topaz.ad.uow.edu.au/SNAPP/Menu.html
- Ability to control if a post has been read/unread.
- Way to see from the profile icon if someone is online for a synchronous chat. Have a photo tied posts. A photo/avatar/icon and a link to ones profile. Social presence.
- A subject line that does not have the defaulty re:….xxxxx.
- Discussion starter that follows and is visible from the thread.