- How do you build a successful online community for education and professional development?
Create relevant value.
- What defines success in online communities?
Members find relevant value in the community and engage, contribute and participate in the community.
- What elements of community building contribute to the ongoing engagement of members in an online community?
-generosity and willingness to share what you know for the good of the community
-shared passion, values, interests, purpose
-positive non irritating communications
-rulz – aup – tolerance, respect
-a continuum of expertise is represented in the community from novice to rockstar
-leadership with cred, skillz, and willingness – it also helps to have heart, charm, personality, and a POV = passion
-supports network and ways to contribute and a place to talk – interact.
-TRUST and a shared sense of belonging.
-continuous improvement with community input
- What role do community leaders play in the sustainability of their online community?
depends on where the community is in its life cycle. at the beginning it is essential that leaders play a major role – Herculean effort that requires authentic heart, genuine passion. it requires being a force of nature.
- How do you encourage members to create content?
ask questions, provide a focus and context for relevant affinity groups and discussions
- What kind of community features are most used?
profiles, introductory discussions
- What community platform do to use? How did you arrive at this choice?
ning. http://slnfacultyonline.ning.com i could create it and support it by my self : )
- Can you share any best practices for moderating a community?
keep it fresh/updated, with regular current relevant new content. Work smart not hard. Guide, seed, cultivate, model, give generously of your IP and time. don’t trick people or use gimmicks.
- What kind of rules or guidelines will your community have?
-new member guide – what you can do features – description of and links to all the stuff you can/should do to get started.
-community guidelines- what NOT to do and what to do.
-a way to report problems/suggestions/questions
- How do you measure success?
People join, share, contribute, participate, interact, come back, invite other/more people, post content, initiate interaction, respond, express that the resources and community are valuable
People value their membership and feel ownership of and belonging to the community.