Here is my “Top 10″ list for 2013:
- netvibes – blog aggregator
- google hangouts
- pinterest – – virtual pin board. A content sharing service that allows members to “pin” images, videos and other objects to their pinboard. Also includes standard social networking features. Soon there will be Learnist – for educators.
- tweetchat – synchronous online chat
- social reading with diigo – collaborative joint annotation/mark-up of course readings.
- audioboo – a mobile & web platform that allows you to record and upload audio.
- scoopit – visual curration platform
- openstudy – peer study groups.
- studyblue – online flash cards, sharing, social networking.
- recordr.tv – asynchronous video interaction/converation
- zotero – annotated bibliography / citation tool.